"Universal Design for Learning [UDL]: A Rubric for Evaluating Your Course Syllabus" (pdf) outlines 11 criteria of effective UDL syllabi, "including varied ways to access required and recommended readings, a detailed course calendar, and multiple ways to ask questions of instructors" ("Evidence-Based Practices").
- Each criterion is assessed by specific features that determine whether a considered syllabus is "Traditional," Enhanced," or Exemplary."
- An empty "Tips/Tools" column is provided for instructors to keep track of useful resources.
- Instructor Information
- Textbooks [or other required resources]
- Course assignments (explanation)
- Course assignments (examples
- Course assignments (submission)
- Course assignments (grading)
- Course calendar
- Student resources
- Format (length)
- Format (accessible)
- Format (visible)