This section includes a growing resource bank on assessment and testing for many different learning activities – core content, assignments, discussions, participation, experiential learning, reflection, flipped/blended courses, formative/summative activities, etc.
Assessment and Testing
"Personalized Learning" (blog post) defines personalized learning as "the tailoring of pedagogy, curriculum and learning environments by learners or for learners in order to meet their different learning needs and aspirations" and states that, "Typically technology is used to facilitate personalized learning environments."
"Low-Stakes Assignments" (web page) defines "low-stake assignments," explains the benefits of this kind of assessment, and gives examples of low-stakes assignments:
1. Breaking Down Larger Assignments
- Components of a larger project
- Drafts and peer reviews
- Mid-project/mid-term conferences
- Group work planning
"Aligning Assignments and Learning Goals" (web page) is an excellent resource that presents 30 distinct assignment types under 9 categories of broad "learning goals" -- in chart form.
- For each type of assignment, the charts list multiple, specific learning goals under the following format: "This kind of assignment ... Helps students to learn...."
1. General Categories of Learning Goals