"Managing Class Time Effectively" (online post) offers 6 specific time-management suggestions to "ensure the integrity of our teaching":
1. "Begin each class meeting, as well as sessions following a break, on time."
- "Delaying starting or re-starting the class simply invites more students to be late."
2. "Develop and use an agenda for each class meeting."
- "[I]dentify the approximate time each item should require, and stick to it."
3. "Energize your class throughout each meeting with questions -- both rhetorical and didactic."