The Certificate in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education is a free, non-credit, professional-development program providing Lakehead University graduate students with an introduction to pedagogical theory and practice.
The program runs October to May. The program is completed primarily online, with one classroom component in the Winter term.
Learning Outcomes of the Certificate Program
By the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Establish academic integrity guidelines and identify their role in this process
- Establish netiquette guidelines for a course at the undergraduate level
- Examine the components of an effective research speech and design their own research or professional speech
- Create and evaluate the effectiveness of learning outcomes at the undergraduate level
- Design and appraise a mock undergraduate course
- Clearly communicate expectations and instructions for an undergraduate course
- Evaluate teaching skills and generate recommendations for teaching effectiveness and clear communication
- Develop a self-assessment of their role as a mentor/leader/instructor in teaching and learning
For more information about the certificate, contact:
Dr. Rhonda Dubec
Coordinator of Instructional Development and Intercultural Education
Phone: (807) 343.8874