"7 Tips for Linking Videos to an Online Course" (web page) offers the following guidance for using videos in an (online) classroom:
- Select a video that serves a clear purpose and "truly add[s] something to the course."
- Be sure it is accessible (a current link, works on different computers and operating systems, etc.).
- Keep it to an appropriate length for interest and effectiveness.
- Choose engaging and motivating, not boring, videos.
- Construct an interactive, responsive, or dynamic component to complement the viewing experience.
- Take advantage of quality videos available on the Internet.
- Be copyright-wise.