Intended to be “a space to dream big about teaching,” the Teaching Commons supports faculty, instructors, and graduate students in developing and applying innovative and research-based approaches to all areas of teaching and learning -- instructional design, curriculum development, classroom management, educational technology, active learning, gamification, experiential education, etc.
The Teaching Commons Annual Report is now available.
Please send feedback to email@example.com.
The first annual Teaching Commons Summer Institute was held from August 14 to 16, 2018, in the Teaching Commons, which is located on the fifth floor of the Chancellor Paterson Library.
Twenty-six instructors from across the disciplines attended, from experienced tenured faculty to newly hired and teaching-only faculty members.
The theme of the Summer Institute was "active learning," and the sessions were active, including:
- Tone-setting Activities and Contexts for Active Learning
- Understanding Indigenous Terms and When to Use Them
- What Technology Can (and Can't) Do for Active Learning
Feedback from participants:
NEW! The Instructional Development Centre (IDC) services have now been rolled into our new Teaching Commons. All IDC web pages should redirect readers to the Teaching Commons site.
- Search for previous IDC content or topics (or new Teaching Commons content) using the search box (bottom left).
- Browse our ever-growing list of instructor-related resources under the tabs above -- or through the drop-downs that accompany them.
Welcome to the new, centralized site of resources for instructors: Lakehead’s own Teaching Commons!
See the Provost's Task Force on Innovation and Excellence in Teaching, Technology and Learning (web page) for the following: