Recommended by Teaching in Higher Ed, "The Academic Book Promotion Kit" is "[a] comprehensive, self-paced, online [but, alas, not free] course ... for new and experienced academic authors who need the structure, tools, templates, and guidance to create a plan and timeline for promoting a new book."
1. "Once your book is published, your job is just beginning."
- "After all the time you invest in writing a book, you want it to sell."
- "According to some estimates, the average book is selling less than 250 copies per year and less than 3,000 copies during its lifetime."
- "The strategies in this course can help you boost pre-sales for your book and maintain sales momentum after your book is out."
3. "This self-led course is for you if" ...
- "You need a step-by-step process for building a promotional plan for your academic book."
- "You want 30+ ideas for how to promote your academic book to a range of audiences."
- "You are looking for tested methods for academic book promotion."
- "You are seeking concrete examples of what academic book promotion looks like."
- "You are ready to build a comprehensive book promotion plan."
"Each module in the course includes a series of video lessons and workbooks to help you complete each stage of your book promotion plan."