1. "Digital Storytelling Through Maps" introduces " Esri Story Maps ...a web tool that enables you to combine the power of maps and narrative text to create engaging and inspiring stories to share with others."
- "Besides maps, your stories can include places, locations, and geography."
- "You can also embed a wide variety of multimedia materials to tell your stories ... videos, images, texts, shapes and many more."
- Tips and templates
- "Get Started Right Away: Create a Story" button
- "How to Tell Your Story Using Esri's Story Map Apps" (video, 1. 12.34 m)
3. Project Types Well-Suited to This Tool
a. "Story Map Tour"
- "Tour your audience through a sequence of photos or videos linked to a map."
b. "Story Map Journal"
- "Create an in-depth narrative organized into sections in a scrolling side panel."
c. "Story Map Cascade"
- "Create an in-depth narrative with immersive, full-screen scroll."
d. "Story Map Series Tabbed Layout"
- "Your users can switch between multiple maps to compare different datasets or places, or see change over time.
e. "Story Map Side Accordion Layout"
- "Our expandable side accordion control makes it easy for your users to explore your maps."
f. "Story Map Series Bulleted Layout"
- "Present a set of maps via numbered bullets. Great when you have a large number of maps or locations to present or a top 10 list."
g. "Story Map Shortlist"
- "Present places of interest organized into a set of tabs. Great for detailed travel guides or inventories."
h. "Story Map Swipe"
- "Let your users swipe back and forth to compare two maps and see data patterns or change over time."
i. "Story Map Spyglass"
- "Let your users peer through one map with our spyglass tool to see another map. Great for before and after maps."
j. "Story Map Basic"
- "Let your beautiful cartography speak for itself with this simple user interface.