The Teaching Commons is pleased to announce that Lakehead University will pilot KahootPro starting May 2019. Kahoot is an online game-based interactive response application that instructors can use pose questions, facilitate discussions, collect data, and much more.
KahootPro is free to students, faculty, and staff. Instructors can request a pro license by sending an email to Leslie Malcolm (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Some features of KahootPro include:
- sharing and co-creating Kahoots within the university's team space.
- access to customizable game templates.
- free use of an extensive image library.
- a teaching and learning support blog.
- advanced reporting.
Kahoot offers the following game types:
- Quiz – multiple-choice game where participants select the correct response from two to four answer options using the shape/colour tile.
- Jumble – sorting game where players place the four answer options (coloured tiles) in the correct order.
- Survey – similar to a quiz but without correct or incorrect answers.
- Instructors: https://kahoot.com/
- Students/participants: https://kahoot.it/
- Download the free Kahoot app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Learn and Share:
- Visit the Kahoot Help and Support Centre to access online tutorials, the community blog, and much more.
- Share how you used Kahoot. Join the "connecting at Lakehead" community of practice - a group for instructors and faculty at Lakehead University to connect with each other about teaching and learning. Send an email to email@example.com