"Open Access & Open Education Resources" (web page) lists resources that complement our own ever-growing list of "Open-Educational Resources (OERs): List of Repositories" with new resources in the following three categories:
- "Understand Open Access and Open Educational Resources"
- "More Open Acess Discovery Tools for Articles, Journals, Books, Theses, Dissertations, Multimedia, and Data"
- "Make Your Own Content Open"
1. "Understand Open Access and Open Educational Resources"
2. "More Open Acess Discovery Tools for Articles, Journals, Books, Theses, Dissertations, Mutlimedia, and Data"
- Streaming Media on the Internet [Lakehead library resource]
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations [Lakehead linrary Knowledge Commons resource]
3. "Make Your Own Content Open"
- "Conside[r] joining a community of instructors creating their own content": Rebus Community Forum
- Creating, Editing & Hosting OER: "Kirkwood’s Community College’s excellent guide to helpful tools."
- Jhangiani R. and Biswas-Diener, R., eds. (2017). Open: The Philosophy and Practices that are Revolutionizing Education and Science. London: Ubiquity Press.
- Falldin, M. and Lauritsen, K. (2017). Authoring Open Textbooks. Minneapolis, MN: Open Textbook Network – "Includes a checklist of considerations and sections on copyright, Creative Commons licenses, textbook organization, authoring frameworks, and publishing tools."
- Moxley, J. (Sept-Oct, 2013). Open textbook publishing. Academe. – "the story of one instructor’s decision to create an open textbook."