1. Technology Use by Quadrant, a graphic from "Edtech Tools for SPED, Math, and Reading" (post) includes a quadrant chart framed by an X-axis labeled "Knowledge Taxonomy," which moves up the six levels of Bloom's Taxonomy:
- "1. Remembering: Can the student recall or remember the information?"
- "2. Understanding: Can the student explain ideas or concepts?"
- "3. Applying: Can the student use the information in a new way?"
- "4. Analyzing: Can the student distinguish between the different parts?"
- "5. Evaluating: Can the student justify a stand or decision?"
- "6. Creating: Can the student create new products or points of view?"
and a Y-axis labeled "Application Model" which moves, from left to right, through five stages:
- "1. Knowledge in one core discipline"
- "2. Application within one discipline
- "3. Application across disciplines"
- "4. Application to real-world, predictable situations"
- "5. Application to real-world, unpredictable situations"
2. The Quadrants
A (lower left quadrant)
- Verbs: Define, Identify, Label, List, Locate, Memorize, Name, Recite, Record, Select
- Examples: Bullets & Lists, Creating & Naming Folders, Editing, HIghlighting/Selecting, Internet Searching, Loading, Typing, Using a Mouse, Word Doc
B (lower right quadrant)
- Verbs: Apply, Construct, Demonstrate, Dramatize, Illustrate, Interpret, Interview, Sequence, Solve
- Examples: Advanced Searching, Annotating, Blogs, Google Docs, Hacking, Operating/Running a Program, Posting - Social Media, Replying - Commenting, Sharing, Social Bookmarking, Subscribing to RSS Feed, Tagging, Texting, Uploading, Web Authoring
C (upper left quadrant)
- Verbs: Analyze, Classify, Diagram, Evaluate, Explain, Infer, Judge, Research, Summarize
- Examples: Hyperlinking, Media Clipping/Cropping, Monitoring, Photos/Videos, Programming, Reverse Engineering, Software Cracking, Testing, Validating Resources, Video Editing
D (upper right quadrant)
- Verbs: Argue, Conclude, Create, Explore, Invent, Modify, Plan, Predict, Rate
- Examples: Animating, Audio Casting, Blog Commenting, Broadcasting, Collaborating, Composing - GarageBand, Digital Storytelling, Directing, Mashing - MIxing/Remixing, Modifying/Game Modding, Networking, Photo/Video Blogging, Podcasting, Reviewing
3. The Graphic