From the University of Michigan, "Teaching International Students: Pedagogical Issues and Strategies" (web site) engages the challenges and benefits of teaching students from "diverse backgrounds."
- "The ideas are relevant whether the class has a few or many international students, or whether the class focused on international topics or not."
- "Most of the issues are present to some degree in every classroom, and all of the strategies have potential value to instructors and students."
Using an "Issues/Strategies" structure, the web site provides practical responses to the following challenges that may occur in courses:
- "Bridging differences in background knowledge and classroom practice"
- "Teaching non-native speakers of English"
- "Improving climate"
- "Promoting academic integrity"