You can use Virtual Classroom to host online classroom sessions or video meetings. The sessions may be saved and posted to the course content as a resource.
Instructors will have access to Virtual Classroom through their mycourselink sites. These tools are found on the navbar under the Other Tools dropdown menu.
To schedule a meeting in Virtual Classroom (in D2L):
- From the D2L course site navbar, select Virtual Classroom from the Other Tools dropdown menu
- From the Virtual Classroom interface, click on the “plus” button in the bottom right
- Enter the meeting details (title, time, duration, etc.). (Some options are selected/unselected by default – review these carefully.)
- Click Save to complete the setup.
- To launch the meeting, find the meeting under “Active Meetings” and click on the three dots under the Actions column, then click Launch.
- Enter the Meeting Room by following the prompts. Select Record (top of the screen) if the meeting was not set to record automatically.
- Once the meeting is scheduled, a link for students to join will automatically appear in the Calendar tool (on course homepage).
- Recordings are available through the Virtual Classroom link (under Other Tools) under the Recorded Meeting section.
Full support documentation can be found on the Virtual Classroom Knowledge Base
Feel free to use these exciting new tools. Need assistance or have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.