Intended to be “a space to dream big about teaching,” the Teaching Commons supports faculty, instructors, and graduate students in developing and applying innovative and research-based approaches to all areas of teaching and learning -- instructional design, curriculum development, classroom management, educational technology, active learning, gamification, experiential education, etc.
- We also curate an ever-growing collection of sound, searchable pedagogical resources on these and many other teaching-related topics.
- Through workshops, peer-teaching assessments, and individual or small-group consultations, we cultivate excellence and promote diversity, equity, and access within and across Lakehead University’s diverse disciplinary and cultural contexts.
We are here to help ...
- Faculty and instructors become even more effective in the classroom (on-campus or online)
- Graduate students become effective teachers even before they enter a classroom
Call, email, or stop by to discuss any of the following:
- Effective and engaging in-class, online, and blended teaching practices
- Innovative learning technologies
- Graduate students' professional and academic development
- Indigenous and intercultural curriculum, and
- The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL).
Call (807.346.7730), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop by our new space in LI 5014 (on the fifth floor of the Chancellor Paterson Library on the Thunder Bay campus), and “dream big”!