Lynda.com is upgrading to LinkedIn Learning this summer!
Same industry-leading content from Lynda.com but delivered on a new and intuitive platform for a more personalized experience.
After the upgrade is completed, you’ll receive an email to activate your LinkedIn Learning account. All of your Lynda.com learning activity and history will be automatically transferred to LinkedIn Learning.
The find out more about LinkedIn Learning and to familiarize yourself with the new features, watch How to Use LinkedIn Learning.
Updates will be sent out closer to the upgrade date (July 30th). Until then, continue to access Lynda.com resources using any of the login options noted below.
All Lakehead students, faculty, and staff have free, unlimited access to more than 3,500 courses and over 140,000 individual videos in software, technology, and creative skills through Lynda.com.
Product features include:
- Learning paths
- Mobile access
- Offline viewing
- New courses weekly
- Exercise files and assessments
- Certificates of completion
Access Lynda.com using your Lakehead University username and password through:
- myInfo then clicking the icon made up of 9 squares at the top-right of the page
- mycourselink then clicking the Lynda.com link under the Tools heading on the right
- the direct URL (right-click on this link to bookmark it)
- for learning on the go, download the mobile app
- Do you have any questions? Contact email@example.com.
- Having trouble logging in? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Videos not working? Visit Lynda.com User Support or contact email@example.com
- Join our Lynda.com Community of Practice to help create awareness and encourage usage of Lynda.com through the sharing of ideas, best practices, resources, and more.
- Lynda.com Webinars
- Visit our Lynda.com archive for a complete list of related articles and updates.
- Check out the Lynda.com Content Mapping Service.
- Student Opportunity!! LinkedIn Student Learning Ambassador Program.
Teaching Commons staff are available to visit faculty/departmental meetings to give an introduction to Lynda.com.
As part of the Government of Ontario’s Career KickStart strategy, all students, faculty, and staff at post-secondary institutions in Ontario will have free unlimited access to Lynda.com for the next three years. Read the full announcement here.
Choose to watch videos individually, or in one of more than 150 playlists curated by Lynda.com experts through their Playlist Centre. Here are just a few specially selected videos and playlists. Note, you'll be promoted to login with your Lakehead University username and password after selecting a link.