All Lakehead students, faculty, and staff have free, unlimited access to more than 3,500 courses and over 140,000 individual videos in software, technology, and creative skills through Lynda.com.
Product features include:
- Learning paths
- Mobile access
- Offline viewing
- New courses weekly
- Exercise files and assessments
- Certificates of completion
Access Lynda.com using your Lakehead University username and password through:
- myInfo then clicking the icon made up of 9 squares at the top-right of the page
- mycourselink then clicking the Lynda.com link under the Tools heading on the right
- the direct URL (right-click on this link to bookmark it)
- for learning on the go, download the mobile app
- Do you have any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Having trouble logging in? Contact email@example.com.
- Videos not working? Visit Lynda.com User Support or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our Lynda.com Community of Practice to help create awareness and encourage usage of Lynda.com through the sharing of ideas, best practices, resources, and more.
- Lynda.com Webinars
Visit our Lynda.com archive for a complete list of related articles and updates.
Teaching Commons staff are available to visit faculty/departmental meetings to give an introduction to Lynda.com.
As part of the Government of Ontario’s Career KickStart strategy, all students, faculty, and staff at post-secondary institutions in Ontario will have free unlimited access to Lynda.com for the next three years. Read the full announcement here.
Choose to watch videos individually, or in one of more than 150 playlists curated by Lynda.com experts through their Playlist Centre. Here are just a few specially selected videos and playlists. Note, you'll be promoted to login with your Lakehead University username and password after selecting a link.