Free, unlimited access to Lynda.com content is coming soon!
Lynda.com is an online education company/platform offering over 6,000 video courses in software, technology, business, and creative skills -- all taught by industry experts.
Starting in February 2018, current Lakehead University students, faculty, and staff will have free, unlimited access to this library of video tutorials through Lynda.com as part of the Government of Ontario’s Career KickStart strategy.
Lynda.com can be leveraged in several ways:
- Students can get career-ready with a wide range of business and technology courses.
- Faculty can incorporate the website’s resources into their curricula, assigning video tutorials and training as coursework.
- Staff members looking to advance their careers can access courses to build on existing skills or develop new ones.
Technology Services Centre (TSC) is working to implement single sign-on (SSO) capabilities for lynda.com, allowing Lakehead University users to easily access the site with their Lakehead network username and password. The anticipated completion date for SSO and the launching of lynda.com for the Lakehead community is mid January 2018. More details will be shared as they become available.
Lynda.com is designed to help learners gain new skills and advance their careers. Examples of content include:
- Programming Foundations: Real-World Examples
- Becoming a Manager
- Adobe Animate CC New Features
- Writing, communication, and decision-making skills
With Lakehead University’s access to Lynda.com students, faculty and staff get:
- Unlimited access to more than 6,000 video tutorials covering business, software, creative, and technology topics.
- Personalized recommendations to explore the most in-demand skills based on their experience.
- The opportunity to learn from a variety of industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning accessible from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources like quizzes, exercise files, and coding practice windows to reinforce learning.
For more information about access to Lynda.com, contact Leslie Malcolm, Coordinator, Learning Technologies and Innovation, Teaching Commons at email@example.com
Adapted from Wilfrid Laurier University’s online news article.