"Exam Rubric" (pdf) is a five-criteria, four-standard model with detailed descriptors that assesses essay responses in an exam environment/context by the following criteria (listed descriptors are the "A" category of responses, earning 9.3-10/10):
- "Addresses each question and all its parts thoroughly; incorporates relevant course content into responses; uses specific information from case in response"
- "Demonstrates deep understanding of course theories and ideas applied to analysis of case situations"
3. Original Thinking
- "Demonstrates original thinking that adds insight to analysis of case; meaningful elaboration beyond text, notes, class discussion in strategy development"
- "Response to each question is well organized and clearly written; there is evidence of planning before writing"
5. Grammar and mechanics
- "Response is virtually free of mechanical, grammatical writing errors"