1. What Is Socrative?
"Socrative Teacher" is a downloadable app for computers, smart phones, tablets, etc. that allows instructors to "[e]ngage, assess and personalize" their classes.
"Educators can initiate formative assessments through quizzes, quick question polls, exit tickets and space races all with their Socrative Teacher app."
- "Socrative will instantly grade, aggregate and provide visuals of results to help you identify opportunities for further instruction."
- "Save time and visualize student understanding when it matters, now!"
2. How Does It Work?
"To get started using Socrative, simply register for a Socrative Teacher account."
- "Your Socrative account will work with other Socrative Apps and via all browsers."
- "Students can connect to your unique room by opening their apps or joining your room on Socrative from any device."
- Student Experience (scroll down): "Students instantly submit answers and feedback directly to the instructor in a clean, intuitive interface" after they download the Socrative app.
3. What Can You Do with It?
- "Visualize student understanding"
- "Ask multiple choice and true/false questions"
- "Ask [short-answer] open-ended questions and vote on the results"
- "Create your own quizzes (instantly graded for you)"
- "Share quizzes with other teachers"
- "Give end-of-class exit tickets"
- Space Race (scroll down): "Play games with our space race" -- An "intergalactic quiz bowl: turn any gradable assessment into a crowd-pleasing activity as individuals or groups race across the screen with correct answers"
- Results (scroll down): "View students' results in real time" -- "Visualize student understanding in the moment as student results populate your screen in real time. Use the instant feedback to determine next steps in your instruction."
- Reporting (scroll down): "Review student understanding at the class, individual student, or question-level. And, because each Socrative report is saved to your account, you can quickly download, email, or transfer reports to Google Drive anytime."