"Strategies for Course Internationalization" (web page) offers practical suggestions to "internationalize" your courses, "[e]nsuring that courses and program activities include global perspectives."
"This tip sheet explains how instructors can design internationalized courses and offer[ing] examples of course internationalization strategies developed by Waterloo instructors from a variety of disciplines."
Topics covered include the following:
1. "What Is Course Internationalization?"
2. "How Do I Internationalize My Course?"
Each of the following strategies is described and illustrated with examples -- and, in the case of the course-design points, contextualized with a framing question to guide you as shape your content.
a. Approaches to Course Internationalization
- Curricular infusion
b. Components of the Internationalized Course Design
- Internationalized student learning outcomes
- Internationalized content
- Internationalized teaching and learning activities
- Internationalized assessment methods
Brief examples of internationalization strategies are provided from the following disciplines:
- Fine Arts
- Centre for Society, Technology, and Values