1. "Social-Emotional Learning Matters for Teachers and Students" (post) includes two useful charts (included below) for instructors concerned about self-care and its relationship to positive, effective teaching and learning:
- "The negative cycle of teacher stress and ineffective teaching and learning" includes "The Tensions of Teaching," "Negative Reinforcement," and "Burnout & Stress Transference" factors
- "The positive cycle of teacher well-being and effective teaching and learning" includes "Key Community of Practice Components," "Positive Reinforcement & Fulfillment," and "Presence & Transference of Well-Being" factors
Perhaps most importantly, the "positive cycle" chart includes 5 general categories and 15 specific practices that can be cultivated and/or incorporated by instructors for the following related benefits:
- "Increased Physical, Mental, & Emotional Well-Being"
- "Effective Pedagogy & Enhanced Learning Environment"