"New Mobile Application to Improve Teaching" (post) introduces "Tcrunch, a new application (available on the Apple and Google App stores for free)" that "enables more efficient and frequent teacher-student communication."
- "You can think about it as an electronic version of the teaching strategy called an 'exit ticket.'"
- "An 'exit ticket' is traditionally a 3×5 card given to students at the end of class; the teacher asks a question to gain feedback from the students and the students write a brief response."
- "Here you can do the same thing, but Tcrunch eliminates any paper and performs all collecting and analyzing activities in real-time."
How It Works
"There is both a teacher and student portal into the app."
1. "Teachers can create and manage different classes."
- Within a class, teachers can create a question or prompt and release it to their students, who will also have Tcrunch."
2. " Students can then see this question, click on it, and answer it."
- "Student answers come into the teacher’s app in real-time."
3. "Teachers can evaluate the results in the app or email themselves the results in the form of an Excel document."
- "Other functionalities include multiple choice, a bank of pre-existing questions to help improve teaching, and an anonymous setting for student users."