"21st Century Skills & Attributes - Educator Self-Assessment" (post) contains questions in 12 categories to assist the educator in evaluating if and how s/he is facilitating these skills and attributes in the learning environment."
1. Oral & Written Communication
- "Do you provide learners with lots of opportunities to speak and write using their own unique and genuine voices?"
- "Do you help learners create focus, energy, passion around the oral & written communications they want to make?"
2. Critical Thinking/Problem-Solving
- "Do you promote and reinforce doing things that haven't been done before, where you and your learners have to rethink or think anew?"
- "Do you ask learners to generate & ask their own unique set of questions?"
3. Collaboration across Networks
- "Do you facilitate global communications and collaboration with your learners?"
- "Do you give learners opportunities to collaborate face-to-face and virtually?"
- "Do you assist your learners in developing their own personal learning networks?"
4. Curiosity & Imagination
- "Do you promote, encourage, and reinforce inquistiveness?"
- "Do you encourage your learners to add their 'personal touches; to their learning experience?"
5. Initiative & Entrepreneurialism
- "Do you assist learners in becoming involved in meaningful work?"
- "Do you provide opportunities for learners to take risks [and] take their own initiative to do things?"
6. Agility & Adaptability
- "Do you accept change as normal & natural and assist your learners in doing so too?"
- "Are you and your learners flexible?"
- "Do you and your learners use a variety of tools to solve new problems?"
7. Hope & Optimism
- "Do you model, teach, [and] reinforce positive self-talk? A 'Can Do' attitude?"
- "Do you assist learners in enhancing their personal-agency thinking?"
- "Do you expose learners to stories that portray how others have succeeded or overcome adversity?"
- "Do you model and assist learners in developing and understanding their own metacognitive processes?"
- "Do you help learners develop their own ability to self-motivate?"
- "Do you assist learners in reflecting on and evaluating their learning experience?"
9. Empathy & Global Stewardship
- "Do you provide learners with opportunities for perspective-taking?"
- "Do you assist learners in understanding the interdependence of all living things?"
- "Do you create opportunities for learners to put empathy into action [and] engage in pro-social behavior intended to benefit others?"
- "Do you help learners see failures as opportunities for growth?"
- "Do you encourage and reinforce learners' own innate resiliency?"
- "Do you ensure that each and every learner knows that 'You Matter'?"
- "Do you give learners opportunities to work on long-term, complex projects?"
- "Do you assist learners in identifying and acknowledging the rewards of persevering throughout tough times?"
12. Vision for the Future
- "Do you give learners the time, resources, [and] opportunity to identify and pursue their dreams?"
- "Do you assist learners in developing the steps and strategies needed to achieve their dreams?"
13. See also "The Other 21st Century Skills" (post) for further links and resources.