"Video for Teaching and Learning" (web page and links) introduces a number of related topics, including the following:
1. Pedagogical Benefits of Video for Teaching and Learning (each point elaborated more fully on the web page)
- "Facilitating thinking and problem solving"
- "Assisting with mastery learning"
- "Inspiring and engaging students" (9 specific points)
- "Authentic learning opportunities"
- "Networked learning" (image, interactivity, integration)
2. Top 10 Uses of Video for Teaching and Learning
- Recording live lectures
- Desktop recordings
- Developing instructional videos
- Engaging students
- Case studies
- Role plays
- Presentation skills and performance
- Learner-generated videos
- Learning activities, learning supports and learning resources (Venn diagram)
- Digital storytelling
- "Dial-e framework" ("digital artefacts for learner engagement")
- "Three I’s framework" ("image, interactivity, integration")